1. FIRST NAME? Lisa.
2. ARE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No. And here’s the rest of the story for newcomers: my mom wanted to name me ‘Monique’ – my biological father thought it sounded like a French hooker. Hence the prosaic Lisa.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? When I found out a friend’s daughter has cerebral palsy.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? That’s a boring question. I will replace it with: WHAT SHOULD YOU BE DOING RIGHT NOW INSTEAD OF WASTING TIME? Laundry and packing for upcoming trip.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? This is a criminally boring question. This one instead: NETFLIX OR TIVO? Netflix.
6. KIDS? Say the darnedest things?
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Gosh, no, I would hate me. (See answer # 9.)
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? I’ve been keeping one for my son since I was pregnant, but I don’t really have one about my life anymore, except this one!
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? As if.
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.
11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No. One of my characters does, though.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Raisin bran.
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? I am wildly unpredictable in this regard.
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yes,” she said forcefully.
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? French Silk.
16. SHOE SIZE? 7.5 or 8.
17 RED OR PINK? Red.
18. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Dry skin.
19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Susan. She’s not dead – just far away. I would be happier if we lived near each other.
20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Yes, everyone should navel-gaze today, and also answer my amended questions!
21. WHAT COLOR OF PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW? Faded green and barefoot.
22. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE WRITER/BOOK/MOVIE? It is impossible to answer that question seriously, but here are the answers for today: Nabokov, Dracula, and “Gone with the Wind.”
23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Boys in sprinklers.
24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? *peers in box of 96* Robin’s egg blue.
25. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SMELLS? Freshly mown grass, baby breath, melting chocolate, jasmine, DH.
26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU SPOKE ON THE PHONE WITH? Visiting kid’s mom.
27. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Their everything.
28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Boring. This one instead: EARLY BIRD OR NIGHT OWL? Early bird, of necessity.
29. FAVORITE DRINK? Midori margarita. Or iced tea, for non-alcoholic drinks.
30. FAVORITE SPORT? Little League baseball.
31. HAIR COLOR? Dark brown with auburn highlights.
32. EYE COLOR? Blue.
33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No.
34. FAVORITE FOOD? Hmm. Maybe Cobb salad, in all of its many delicious variations?
35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? No.
36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? 3D “Monster House.”
37. COLOR OF SHIRT YOU ARE WEARING? Green with a light blue splatter thing.
38. WINTER OR SUMMER? Neither – autumn!
39. HUGS OR KISSES? Yes, lots.
40. FAVORITE DESSERT? Again, impossible to answer, but here’s the answer for today: crème brulee.
41. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? All o’ y’all. We LiveJournalers are a procrastinating bunch.
42 LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? People who actually have more important things to do.
43. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Just finished Uglies. Loved it! I had to start another Mary Russell novel (it’s a Sherlock Holmes series by Laurie R. King), The Moor. I’m addicted!
44. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? My fingers.
45. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Kids’ and babies’ laughter.
46. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? A Netflixed episode of “Deadwood” – Season One.
47. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles.
48. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Russia. Or Japan? I’m too lazy to figure it out. Anyone?
49. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Staring at my son. Covertly, when necessary.
50. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? At night. In a hospital.