ammichaels, peacebound, sarazarr, jenlyn_b, and literaticat.
Not necessarily new, but songs in heavy rotation on my iPod or in the car:
1) Take Your Mama – Scissor Sisters
2) Pure Morning – Placebo
3) Joss Stone – Don’cha Wanna Ride
4) The Blower’s Daughter – Damien Rice – something about this man singing “Can’t take my eyes off of you” in my ear makes me weak in the knees
5) City of Blinding Lights – U2 - Young Son has proclaimed this his favorite song, and his clear high voice singing, “Oh! You – look – so – beauuutiful – tonight!” never fails to bring me to my metaphorical knees. (More songs involving knees.)
6) One Step Closer – U2 - I play this when I’m stuck in traffic and feel like I’m going to blow. It reminds me that there are more important things than traffic. I think I may need to make a “Traffic Therapy” playlist.
7) It’s My Life – Bon Jovi – Another of Young Son’s current favorites.